Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My New House in Atlanta

Click HERE for More House Photos

On September 26th, I finally closed on my new home in Atlanta's historic Old Fourth Ward. The house is about 100 years old, though you'd never know it by looking at it. Since the original deed information was lost in a fire at the courthouse, we are unsure of its exact age. However, I have been told it was built in 1903, 1907, 1910, or 1920.

The previous owners did a complete renovation of the house in 2002. All interior walls were replaced, the plumbing and electrical were updated, two new bathrooms were added, and the kitchen was totally replaced. I was told that the original house was rather primitive, and had only one bathroom that lacked a sink... the old lady that lived there brushed her teeth in the bathtub!

Hanging the Soleri Bell After Closing

Moving In: The 450 Pound Television Arrives

Moving In: Swiffering the Living Room

Moving In: Who Needs Couches?

The Front Door. Exciting.

View of the Living Room

The Living Room
The 1/2 Bath by the Kitchen

The Kitchen

More from the Kitchen

The Den... Still Not Crazy About the Paint.

The Den Bathroom

Minor Miracle: The Mirror Mom and I Somehow
Managed to Hang in the Den Bathroom


Master Bedroom

Master Bath

Cooking My First Meal - Stir Fry

Cyerra, Me, and Boomer

View of the House and Deck from the Yard

View of the Yard from the Deck
(Cyerra and Jacqui Brown, my Real Estate Agent)